How to Start
- Contact Pro-Mod for a free home consultation by phone or in person.
- Construction lending – Do you need a construction loan? We can provide you with lenders that our customers have enjoyed working with.
- Schedule a time to meet – We can come to you. Depending on your project this initial meeting may be at the land you are thinking about buying or land that you already own. Perhaps you have a home you want to add to or replace? Pro-Mod can handle all of this for you.
- Building permit process – Pro-Mod can do the research to determine if your project is feasible, and if so, what the approval process and the timeline will be to obtain a building permit for your project. The research can be accomplished in about one week.
- Design and budget proposal – Pro-Mod will design your new home or addition with you. Our CAD software enables us to provide you with a schematic design of your new home, including a 3D version which makes understanding the floor plan so much easier. This schematic design is then sent to our factories for pricing. In the meantime, our project manager is working with our local subcontractors to price the work to be done onsite. These costs, factory and onsite, are combined to create a budget proposal that we will present to you. This research, design and budgeting are performed for an initial deposit which is applied as a credit toward the total cost of your project.
- Contract and House Order – Pro-Mod Homes will provide you with a contract based on the design pricing and scope of work agreed upon with you. The parties will sign and you will pay a contract deposit. The factory will be released to prepare the engineered plans for third party and State of MA approval. Pro-Mod will use these plans along with the site and foundation plan to submit for a building permit.
- Onsite work – The factory now has your new home in queue to be built. Approximately 3 weeks before your new home is due to arrive some or all of the following tasks will be performed: land clearing, demolition, septic system and foundation.
- Set Day – Pro-Mod has scheduled the crane and crew to set your new home starting first thing in the morning. Most homes are set in one day and are 70% to 80% complete that day.
- Button up – Depending on the work to be done to button-up the house, most homes are completed in 6 to 8 weeks from Set Day. More complex homes with more onsite work may take 10 to 12 weeks. The final inspections from local departments are completed and a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. A final walk-through is completed and you are now ready to move in!